Saturday, 24 November 2012

Catching Up After the Move

        I hope you all have been keeping well in my absence and thank you for keeping up with my blog through your reading and comments.  I have so many emails to take care of and I ask for your patience if you've written to me recently.  There was stretch of 4 days where we didn't have a phone or internet despite being told the transition would be seamless (big fat HA!). Anyways, we're all good now. We are just about settled into our new home with just a few more boxes to unpack and piles of stuff to sort through. I think that finding space for all of our belongings has proven to be the hardest part; it's a smaller place!
       On the stitchy/crafty side of things, I have been sneaking in a few stitches here & there on the Merry & Bright pattern and I am enjoying this one sooo much! I'll admit, I usually don't enjoy stitching my own patterns as much as those of other designers because I've looked at them for far too long in the design stage.  It's like I've already created them once and here I am doing it again in a different way if you know what I mean. Anyway, here is my Merry & Bright progress photos:




I have also received some Merry & Bright photos from our fellow stitchers lately and I'm so happy to be able to share their pics here!  First up is a finish from Anne Marie and I just love the changes she made in the middle section to say "Joyeux Noel"!  I also love how she used the finish as a gift box....isn't it clever?! I've never seen a finish like this! Merci Anne Marie for stitching my pattern and sharing your beautiful finish! xoxo


Next, we have a an awesome ornament finish from June across the pond. When I first saw her finish, I immediately found myself saying "awwwww, how cute!"  It's wonderful to see how one square looks as an ornie. Thank you, June for sharing! Now I want one just like it! :o)  As an aside June, my Chard ancestors come from Devon! 

    I also have several of autumn/Halloween photos to share with you. The first set of photos comes from Betty who is sharing her finish of Creepy Hollow!  I love the lemony gingham fabric and the branch hanger! Such a bright & cheery way to finish this pattern and I think it would look great on a front door or hovering over a kitty cat and a pile of gourds (as in the last photo...great shot....love it....meow!)  Thank you so much, Betty!! :o)  I hope you all will pay Betty a visit. Her blog is in Hungarian but with the translator, language is no longer a barrier! 



    This next photo is a finish from yours truly (ohmygosh, she actually has a finish.....I knoooow, too much eh?)  I did indeed finish my Li'l Pumpkins pattern and now it's just a matter of sewing it into a pillow or wall hanging. I will do that sometime in the new year because I have too much on my stitchy plate at the moment.


       In my very sparest of time lately,  I managed to crochet another beanie to match my girl's Christmas outfit. I had to get it done because I wanted it for Stella's photo with Santa. She looked so cute all dressed up for Santa but as soon as I put her on Santa's knee, she screamed like a banshee! Oh well, shoulda seen that one coming. Sigh.  I've made 4 of these hats now and just love this Shell Stitch Beanie free crochet pattern from Betsy Thompson of the Dainty Daisy Blog!  Here is a collage of the beanies that I've made using this pattern. Give it a go if you crochet....it works up fast!

Thanks for reading along on today's blog post. I'm sure there is something I forgot to write about or a photo that I meant to post but at least I will have something for another entry should this be true.  ;p

Cheers,
Erynne


22 comments:

  1. Lovely work by everyone! Glad you are almost settled. I am never moving again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! I'd like to say I'm never moving again either but one never knows. It is a royal pain that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. Erynne, I am totally addicted to your Merry & Bright design at the moment, I find it hard to put down. I am up to my 5th block and loving it.
    Thank you for such a fun stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so welcome Lisa! I'm addicted to it too as its the only thing I want to stitch at the moment!

      Delete
  3. Hope your move is going well, It is always very stressful moving I have done it loads of time's.
    Love all the photo's of all your work amazing how everyone Can make them so different . Thank you for sharing your wonderful free charts they are all so pretty.
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, June and thanks again for sharing your ornament finish. The whole moving thing is behind us now with the last bit done this past weekend. Took me ages to deal with this time!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed seeing all those finishes and really liked Anne Marie's idea of finishing your Merry and Bright design as a gift box! Chuckled at baby Stella screaming like a banshee on Santa's lap ... all mine did the same thing once each! Nice to hear that you're settling in ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes by all. I have never seen a gift box finish like that either. Very nice. Love the hats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always fun to see the finishes of others! Thanks for sharing.
    Your little one is so sweet and looks adorable in those hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sampler ! Hope I get to start it soon !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on having the move behind you, wishing you & family peace, love, good health and prosperity in your new home. So, are you closer to Ra-Cha-Cha (yay), or farther (sob) LOL! Beanies are simply adorable, lucky baby girl:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, sorry Sue....we are geographically further away BUT closer to a highway! Thanks for your wishes for us! That's what we hope for too!

      Delete
  9. merci pour les gentils compliments :o
    demain je commence la broderie de "Joy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je vous en prie Anne Marie! I can't wait to see how you stitch 'Joy'!

      Delete
  10. Hi, Erynne :)
    You've made a nice progress, it looks very merry & bright indeed! So do Lil Pumpkins.
    Thank you for the post, always a pleasant event :)
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of Merry and Bright on your fabric choice. And the pumpkins really turned out nice with the hand-dyed threads. Fun to see different finishes for your designs. Anne-Marie's gift container is especially fabulous.

    Miss Stella looks so adorable modeling all of the those hats! Super-chic!



    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Halloween finishes!

    Oh my, how I wish I could crochet. Those beanies are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Que c'est beau !!!!
    Toutes mes félicitations à toutes
    mjp

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh well done on the move and getting things back up and running . lovely finishes of your charts too ... gorgeous wee hats you have made as well .. wishing you a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Rude or vulgar comments/spam will be removed.