Monday, 5 August 2013

Simple Crafts Summer

Hello friends and new followers! I keep hoping I would have something stitchy to post to my poor, neglected blog but I just don't.  I'm super close to having a "finished finish" though and that will be on a blog post in the very near future! I also plan to post another free pattern in the coming weeks so maybe I will just combine that upcoming post.  
So much time has passed and life has been busy around here as usual, especially with our little toddler.  We've been enjoying our summer a lot and find ourselves outdoors as much as possible. On the rainy days where we can't be outside, I've been teaching the wee girl about different crafts suitable for her tender age of 2 years.....think pipe cleaners, poms poms, googly eyes, glitter glue and paint! Oh yeah, we've had some fun with this stuff!
I had a bit of time to whip up some artwork for Stella's room or "the princess room" as she calls it, lol.  I bought some 8 x 10 frames from the dollar store as well as wooden letters and shapes. I dug into my scrapbook paper stash and pulled out the paints for this project. It's been a long time since I painted anything besides the walls in my house!  Here is what I made for my girl:


That's about all I have for now but I'll be back!  I hope you're having a great summer so far and playing with your pretty threads as much as your heart desires! :o)

Cheers,
Erynne



Friday, 12 April 2013

Several Icy Photos

Good Day! I hope you're having a better one than we are here in southern Ontario. I have several photos of our ice storm to share. Everything is well-coated out there!  The power is wonky at the moment so I'm trying to type this rather quickly before it cuts out again. I managed to get our coffee made so we're happy campers! 






It's one of those days to stay indoors and snuggle! :o)

Cheers,
Erynne in icy Orangeville

My Pinkeep Finish

As I sit here and think about what to write to start this post,  there is an ice storm warning afoot and my 18 month old daughter has just covered the floor in baby wipes.  I'm not sure which is worse but both are rather distracting.  If the power should go out due to the storm,  I will be stumbling around in the dark and the baby wipes will become as slippery as banana peels.  I really want to pick the wipes up but boy oh boy are they ever keeping my little girl quiet and amused. If she's quiet then I can continue with this post.  Hmmm, risk the slipping or risk the screeching if I take the wipes away?  Hmmm. I think I will just post the photos really fast, lol.  After all, a picture is worth a thousand words and I have five so when you do the math.....you get the point.

Here is my pinkeep that I finished off today. The pattern is a freebie called Amitié from Martine290 (merci Martine).  This was my first hide in the bathroom to stitch if I must 20-Stitches-a-Day project and I'm happy to say that I stuck with it. It's the only way I will have little finishes if I put some pressure on myself. It's so easy to get caught up doing everything else around here that too often my stitching gets pushed to the wayside. But you all know how it is.  So here's my pics:





To recap,  I used WDW 'Azaleas' as the main colour on 32 Lugana 'Mountain Rose' by Silkweaver and used WDW 'Linen' as the secondary colour which really does look like linen.  Pretty neat thread.  The cording that I used to trim the pinkeep was purchased from another stitcher online but I don't think she makes/sells it anymore.  I really like it and wish I could get more. I'm sooooo lazy about making my own cording. Ugh. If anybody knows anybody who sells handmade cording, please point the way.  Finally,  I added cute little buttons, ribbon and Swarovski pink and clear crystal beads to the nickel-plated, faux pearl-topped pins. I love, love, love Swarovski beads and have many left from my beading days to use in my projects. 

Well, that's all for now and I want to thank you for reading along! Hello to my new followers!

Edited to add:  Lily pointed out that I forgot to mention what I used for the backing.  Sorry about that!  I used a light pink cotton tye dye fabric that was new in stock at my local Fabricland.  It matches the lugana quite well!! 

Cheers,
Erynne